First, a little back story
Just the other day I was thinking about the myriad of ways blogging has benefited my life. I’ve made new friends, new connections and learned So. Much.
Blogging has also kept me accountable for my healing process, even though I never would’ve suggested that’s what I was doing. And the writing of it all has helped me unravel much more than I ever thought possible.
Through a pathway of interconnected bloggers, at some point I found myself thinking: I guess I’d better check out this Nadine chick I keep hearing about from other bloggers. Which led to meeting Nadine AND Mark Whitwell.
It also led me to attend Nadine and Kerry’s Unstuck Workshop. Which meant that when the shizz hit the fan (AGAIN) after my five year…ermmm…anniversary of being assaulted, I called Kerry for an appointment.
So thanks to blogging I’ve been having regular kinesiology sessions for around twelve months now, and it has been incredibly transformative.
Hi. My name is Svasti and I am a Kinesiology Fan Girl.
I saw Kerry for months and months, but now I’m seeing Amanda – whom Kerry referred me to on account of all of the thyroid stuff I’m dealing with.
Because Kerry is just that kind of healer: putting the needs of her clients first.
(It should also be noted that the thyroid stuff came up, I suspect, because in a session with Kerry I was all: I don’t know what I need to do next!! Soon afterwards, it was: hello, physical health! See, I need to get that all sorted before I run off adventuring around the world.)
Of course, that creates a bit of a quandary for me because now I have TWO lovely kinesiology ladies that I adore for all of their amazing work. So whenever I’m recommending kinesiology to my friends, I always give them both Kerry’s and Amanda’s details.
Anyway, on to the ACTUAL review:
The Self-Alignment Kit
Kerry has gone and created a brilliant piece of DIY-at-home kinesiology* in The Self Alignment Kit.
*Just to be clear – while I’ve just described the kit as a piece of DIY-at-home kinesiology, it’s only a part of the work that kinesiology does. So if you ever get the chance to have a session (or two or three or…) then do it. You won’t regret it!
I was already planning on buying one, but Kerry generously offered the kit to me as a gift!
So I thought I’d repay her in kind by sharing my experiences to date.
Already, I know this is a tool I’ll use many, many times over.
So. What does the Self-Alignment Kit contain?
A few things, actually:
- A handy dandy audio guide of Kerry talking you through the steps.
Very helpful, especially the first time you try the kit out.
It’s kind of like tucking Kerry in your pocket and bringing her home for a chat.
- The step-by-step guidebook – which talks about how we get stuck and misaligned with our goals, as well as lots of info on how to use the kit.
- A worksheet – you’ll need a fresh one every time you use your Self-Alignment Kit.
- A set of chakra cards – this is the main tool for figuring out where in your body/chakras you are misaligned to your goals.
- A little book of goals – something I plan to use extensively very soon. I just didn’t have enough time on the weekend.
This part of the kit looks like a luxurious adventure in getting clear on your future life plans. Which hey, I’ve got a lot of those and I’d totally like to be in alignment with them!
So what does the kit actually do?
Think of it as a tune-up tool for your life’s plans and goals.
Doesn’t it bug you when you want your life to go in a certain direction but you feel like stuff keeps dragging you down and/or backwards?
It sure bugs me. Sometimes I’ve felt like I’m walking on the spot on a treadmill, but don’t even know it. There I am, looking towards where I want to be but finding those things just out of reach.
That’s misalignment in action.
Getting aligned with where you want to be is seeing and getting off the treadmill, and really and truly being able to move forwards.
Some pretty cool stuff about the Self-Alignment Kit
Just a few observations:
- Part self-coaching, part kinesiology session, it helps you to focus on your goals and ferret out any little self-sabotages you’ve got going on. Stuff that unbeknownst to you, is getting in the way of your own happiness.
- The process is simple and it works.
- Not that I had any doubts about something Kerry has produced, but even for this first attempt it worked better than I expected.
- It’s empowering. Something that most of us need to learn is that anyone you go to for healing is the facilitator of your own natural healing capability.
Using this kit really helps to see that for yourself, in case you didn’t really get it beforehand.
- Kerry’s chakra cards are cool. Being a yoga student and teacher, I know a few things about chakras. But I really like the kinesiology way of referencing various physical/emotional needs with our chakras, and I especially like Kerry’s chakra cards!
They are no-nonsense, colourful and to the point. For someone like me whose never been into much of the really New Age “woo woo” stuff, this is my kind of tool (along with the yogAttitude cards!).
- Make it quick or take your time. If something is playing on your mind, you can get in there with a quick, intuition-driven self-analysis. That’s what I did on Sunday night (see part II of this review).
Or, you can plan a more in-depth goal setting and alignment session. Maybe over a glass of wine, with some music and incense. A night just for you to get real with your own life.
- It’s a completely digital product, so there’s no delay once you’ve purchased it. You can download everything you need from Kerry’s website and get going straight away!
- Eco-preferences: You can choose to print the e-books or not: it’s up to you. However, the chakra cards do need to be printed. I intend to get a set laminated so they’ll last for as long as possible.
So as you can see, there’s plenty to like about the Self-Alignment Kit, right?
Part II of this review is about what I did on Sunday night. Check it out!