beaches, Clear seeing, Cleopatra the Cat, coiffed, down the wire, eyebrow wax, Game Plan, Hollywood Eyebrows, I can't believe it's not butter, immersion, interconnected energy body, introspection, Kinesiology, kooky, Making of Plans, Retreat, Shadow Yoga, Thailand, Yoga
Butter? Chocolate? Retreat?
Yeah, maybe the end one. There’s been plenty of the first two around, so I know they aren’t facsimiles. Or… is the pun (Fabio included) not actually about facsimiles at all? I mean, today I went for an eyebrow wax and was told the method was something called Hollywood Eyebrows. As though it was something different. But the end result was nicely shaped and coiffed (can eyebrows BE coiffed?) brows, so… you say tomato, and you know the rest.
So. I’m not in Thailand, obviously. Not on retreat, where I wish I was. And at first I thought a teensy little part of me was sulking about that. Maybe I was. But then, this quiet time that’s meant less Svasti posts and well, really, a heck-load of other stuff… it’s not about sulking. And don’t get me wrong – there’s been PLENTY of yoga going on!
How do I put this without sounding entirely kooky? Uhhh, perhaps there isn’t any way to do that. So, ahhhh… okay. The bond formed with my teacher and fellow students means that I’m part of this wider and pretty much always interconnected energy body. I mean, generally speaking ALL people are part of an interconnected energy body, but our group was formed quite intentionally and with a lot of energy, meditation and ceremony behind it.
So, even if I’m not with my teacher and fellow students when they’re together doing a lot of spiritual practice (which has happened a handful of times only since I was initiated into the school), I find that down the wire, I get the the gist of what’s going on anyway. Even if they happen to be half a world away.
There’s energetic stuff that happens, things I feel, messages I receive (not as emails though!) and the general overall tone of whatever’s going on. Then there’s the physical stuff (okay, I’m not quite ready to share all the details about that). BUT, let’s just say it’s all happening again. I thought maybe this time it wasn’t going to be like that and for a while I thought I was right. Because usually the energy that comes out of retreat is BIG and DYNAMIC but this time it seems to be much more introspective. Quiet revelations and deep inquiry that’s blossoming into Something New. Dunno what it is yet, but it’s definitely happening.
And before you say, oh, that’s not necessarily anything to do with your group half a world away, things like that are going on for me too! Let me just add that yes, that’s very possible. All of our retreats are based around specific times of the year, so that astrologically (if you go in for that stuff) whatever we’re doing is supported by the universe in every possible way. So you could say that in general, right now is a huge time of change for many people.
And things have been profound while I’ve been all radio-silence-like. I’ve been doing a lot of Clear Seeing. And Making of Plans. And Realising I Don’t Have To Live In Bolivia To Be Happy. And figuring out a new Game Plan. One that’s gonna make me Happy, without sacrificing myself for others (bad, bad habit of mine!).
So that’s what’s been going on for me, in so many words anyhow.
In other news…
- While it’s not a huge HOORAY but perhaps a HooRay moment… I have finally found some permanent (for now) work. In the digital media industry but quite outside the usual sorts of companies I work for, I guess. Which is both good and bad. Let’s just call it a lifestyle choice, which means it’s not the most highly paid job in the world, but it’s damn-well-stable. And right now, I need a bit of Stable. Actually, I need a LOT of Stable. So it’s good for that, and also for being near some of the more beautiful beaches you can visit in Melbourne (without driving and hour or two south or south-west around the bay).
It’s good-ish, but not what I really want to be doing. And yet, I don’t feel like I’m selling my soul by taking this job, so that’s an improvement, yes?
- And… still hunting down places where I can set up yoga classes. Not as easy as you might think!!
- Speaking of butter, I think I might have finally perfected making my grandmother’s coconut biscuits. Quite a simple recipe, but awesomely delicious, too. The trick is making sure you cook them not too little, not too long. Juuuust right!
- Miss Kitty (Cleopatra the Cat) has been in the wars and also in my wallet, getting in some kind of cat fight (we think) and had quite a close shave really with a BAD bite in one of her back legs. Poor meow! For her troubles, she was awarded stitches, a drainage tube and the weekend spent at the vet’s practice.
She’s been in the plastic cone since it happened. The drainage tube came out last Thursday and this Thursday she has her stitches out and the cone comes off! Thanks Miss Kitty, I really, really could have used that $550 for you know… getting by until I get paid. But whatever! I’m just glad she’s okay now (almost back to her normal self).
- YAY for next Monday! I’ve been paying attention to my intuition which said Get Thee To A Kinesiology Session! So on Monday evening I’ll be seeing Kerry. (Can I have another YAY?) It’s been a while since my last one.
- I am almost back to normal in terms of my desire to write more. The introspection phase is passing, and it’s been wonderful.
- From tomorrow evening I have a yoga-ish house guest staying for two weeks. She’s a fellow Shadow Yoga student and she’s visiting from New Zealand. I offered to billet her because, well why not, eh?
I’m so glad that you’re receiving in your own space!
Also, Poor Kitty!!! if that isn’t a ridiculously cute picture though, I’m not sure what is. 🙂
Congrats and the permenant for now job!! Andrew is struggling with the same thing all the way in Nova Scotia Canada. Blegh jobs.
you rock! always….;)
the kitty pic…poor kitty! I once saw a cat wearing a cone where someone had written on the inside: “I’m fine. Thanks for asking.”
Congrats on the new job Svasti! There’s a lot to be said for happiness as opposed to big bucks. And I’m interested to hear of your energetic experiences, even though that’s never happened to me. There’s a lot of mystery out there I don’t know about yet.
Namaste, Svasti 🙂
Haven’t been here in ages, having returned to regular blogging myself only a few short weeks ago.
Congratulations on your new job – there is much to say about chosing stability over more money… and if you happen to live in the Fullerton, CA area, I would be happy to help you jump start that yoga class by being your first enrollee!
Your recounts of the energy sharing strike a resonance with me…though my experiences haven’t been with a yoga class! My emotional body seems very connected to certain people in my life…and I can usually feel a difference in myself, when something is happening in their pieces of the world. Not always…but often.
Glad to see you are doing well.
Interesting, Svasti–I was on vacay for the past 10 days or so and haven’t felt the desire to write much while I was away. This is the first time in a year (I think) that I have taken an entire week off from blogging–and it was good. Also, in the past week, I didn’t even read many blogs. In fact, I hardly even turned on my computer! And it was good!
I’m sorry you weren’t able to get to the retreat you wanted to go to with your teacher and friends–but it sounds as though you are in an accepting, peaceful place–and that’s what all of us should strive for anyway.
In your other words–CONGRATS on finding some permanent work (YAY!)–that takes stress of any of us, doesn’t it?
And oh my! Do your grandmother’s biscuits ever sound tasty! YUM!
Take care, my friend–stay peaceful and happy. And send me a virtual batch of those biscuits!
Fantastic news about your job! Sometimes a bit of stability is *exactly* what is needed! Exciting about your new game plan too. Looking forward to seeing you Monday 🙂 Kerry x
@EcoYogini – Kitty is ridiculously cute, I know! I hope Andrew has luck finding some work soon. xo
@Linda-Sama – Haha, that would’ve been very funny! Kitty is doing much better now, but she did look quite miserable for a while there!
@Ellen – Thank you. And yes, the world is full of mystery, much of which I have no idea about either! 🙂
@Grace – Good to see you back to blogging. It’s been a while, huh? I can relate to feeling connected energetically to certain people, very much.
@Melinda – I do hope your holidays are going beautifully! Some day I might share my grandmother’s recipe. Might as well spread the love, right?
@kerryrowett – Thanks Kerry, first appointment was great!