#reverb10, Air Bourne, beer, champagne, cobwebs, core story, Growth, Healing, honesty, learning, Love, New Years Eve, Service, Truth, Yoga, You Am I
Happy New Year, everyone!
Isn’t it wonderful to be here on the first day of a brand new year?
I hope you enjoyed your new year’s celebrations, whatever form they took.
For the first time in too many years and perhaps not entirely wisely, I decided that I’d go out for the evening and get down with my funky (??!) self. Haha. So I ended up at a live music gig at a Melbourne landmark, the Espy Hotel. The line up featured You Am I and Air Bourne, lots of awesomeness there!
Much fun was had, ridiculous amounts of beer were consumed (after the champagne I drank at home – I can’t tell you how rare such a boozy night is for me!) and many insane tweets were sent (if you missed out on those, consider yourself lucky!).
So here we are, the final #reverb10 post, and the first day of a brand new year. It’s been really interesting writing about personal topics based on other people’s questions, and fascinating to realise as a result just how central and deeply ingrained yoga really is to my life.
It’s also been a wonderful discipline to write almost every day and though I doubt I’ll keep that up for daily blog posts in future, I think I’ll aim to do some personal writing each day now. Coz it really helps keep the cobwebs from forming.
Core Story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world?
(Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)
~ December 31 prompt
My core story is a delicious cocktail (vodka martini, anyone?) of these things:
- Being of service – using whatever skills I possess to help those in need.
- Healing – myself and by extension, the way I interact with others
- Growth – change is always possible if we really want it enough.
- Learning, always learning – may I never stop!
- The giving and accepting of love – this heart of mine contains endless amounts of the stuff…
- Yoga – my saving grace, my teacher and my bestest buddy.
- Honesty – I’ll answer stuff honestly even if it’s not always to my advantage.
- Truth – the seeking of it, speaking and living it.
Reading back through my #reverb10 posts, these ARE the common threads. It’s all pretty much where I’m coming from as well as where I’m headed.
May your New Year be bright and full of love!
Happy new year my good blog friend!