The post you’re eyeballing RIGHT NOW is my 500th
Whoah! That’s a lot of words. My wee blog has now been around for over three years and my post rate has varied considerably, depending on what’s going on with my life.
Every time I write a post, WordPress tells me what number it is. Given my current stop-start posting rate, #500 has been coquettishly just out of reach for a little while now. The flirt!
That’s probably because 2011 has been absolutely full to the brim with health challenges, as well as seemingly endless physical/emotional healing and all kinds of personal insights. Stuff that’s mostly been way too hard to write about. However as always, I try to share what I can.
Sometimes it’s hard though, even for Ms-Heart-On-Her-Sleeve-Svasti.
A few of my readers say things like: Wow you’re so brave in what you share.
Hmmm, really? You should see the stuff that DOESN’T make it to the blog! There’s been a lot of that lately.
But here I am. Yikes!
When I think about where I was when I first started blogging… well, you can track my progress if you care to venture into the archives.
To put it bluntly, I was a mess. But a mess with a purpose! I can’t tell you how amazed I am by the difference between how I was back then – a PTSD basket case – and now.
Blogging has been absolutely integral to my healing process. Which means that you all out there have been, too.
Here’s just a (very) short summary of the stuff I’ve achieved and/or learned along the way:
- I’m not dead! I didn’t kill myself although there were a few times where it was kind of a close shave. I know now that I actually WANT to live!
- I didn’t become a drug addict or an alcoholic. I reckon living with crazy amounts of physical or emotional pain can easily do that to a person. If I didn’t have yoga, writing and therapies (of all kinds), it could’ve happened to me.
- I freakin’ KICKED my PTSD and depression in the ass. Repeatedly. I’ll never forget the first time I thought I was all healed, only to discover that was just wave one and I was actually standing in the ocean…
- There’s been more ups and downs in this journey than I could’ve imagined. I don’t for one minute think it’s over yet, but it IS a different journey now. I’m way more healed and whole than I ever could’ve imagined. Which blows my mind.
- Pain is not compartmentalised and neither is healing. So, you can’t just heal from one incident in your past – if you open that bag of worms, you’re probably gonna be dealing with all kinds of things. Even stuff you could’ve sworn you were over already…
- Facing down your demons, and being pain-stakingly honest about them all (with yourself) is totally worth it.
To celebrate, I present my first ever give-away!!
In my 499th post, I reviewed my friend Nadine’s yogAttitude cards.
Did you read the review? Frack, I really LOVE what she’s done there!
For one super-lucky person, I have 1x set of yogAttitude cards + workbook to give away. Whoohoo!
It’s my way of saying thanks for reading and being a part of my bloggy world. 😉
This give-away is open to everyone, no matter where you are. As long as the postal address is somewhere on planet earth, okay?
To throw your hat in the ring, simply leave a comment below.
Optional: In your comment, tell me about a milestone in your own life that’s totally taken you by surprise. As in…
Wowzers, how did I EVER manage to do THAT?!
I AMAZE MYSELF WITH MY AWESOMENESS!!
It could be about some kind of healing, an inner-realisation, overcoming a fear or phobia, learning a new language, climbing Mount Everest, going sky-diving – whatever!
Just something that makes your toes curl in glee when you think about it, if you know what I mean.
Entries close on Friday 30th September 2011. So hop to it, lovely people!!
***EDIT: Yeah I know… I blame the brain fog. I originally titled this post “Half a century of blogging…”, but I’m sure you all knew what I meant!!***